- If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please click the button above, call (424) 571-2273, OR submit your information below. If this is an emergency, dial 911.
- From Surviving to Thriving: how EMDR can help you put the past in the past
- Feeling Emotionally and Physically Drained? Tip #2: Getting energy from your worries
- Emotionally and Physically Drained?
- Communicate Your Feelings Effectively… In 2 Simple Sentences
- Why Can’t My Partner Listen To Me?! How understanding your partner can be threatening – and what to do about it.
- Mindfulness Meditations for Experiencing the Here and Now
- Regaining Your Connection Through Couples Therapy
- The Shared Trauma of 9-11
- The “T” in LGBT: What does “transgender” mean?
- WARNING: Being an Attorney May be Hazardous to Your (Mental) Health – Part II
- WARNING: Being an Attorney May be Hazardous to Your (Mental) Health
- Are you stuck in a box?
- Losing My Religion
- Provocateur, Mirror, Healer: how your partner can help you grow
- Valor: Find That Strength Inside You
- I Just Can’t “Get Over It”
- My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
- Going to Therapy Shows STRENGTH – Not Weakness
- Stay Calm When Stress or Emotions are Overwhelming: A Quick Mindfulness Trick by Rose Rigole
- Five Tips for Finding Fulfillment
Category Archives: Relationships
Something devastating happened to you. Maybe it was yesterday. Maybe it was fifty years ago. You got through it…somehow, but it keeps haunting you. Small, everyday things can remind you of it, bringing back images, sensations, feelings, sounds, beliefs about … Continue reading
Feeling emotionally and physically drained? In my last post, I talked about the amazing pool of energy available to you by loving yourself. Giving yourself permission to care about your own needs and welfare is the first tool for getting … Continue reading
When our feelings flare up, we tend to communicate our feelings in the least effective way: we blame, criticize, manipulate, or demand. The problem feels like the OTHER person’s actions, which we view as “causing” our hurt or angry feelings. … Continue reading
Why Can’t My Partner Listen To Me?! How understanding your partner can be threatening – and what to do about it.
“I don’t get it,” says a 30-something woman in my office. “He doesn’t seem to hear what I am saying. I can tell him over and over again how I am feeling, and he just sits there or disagrees. It’s … Continue reading
You used to be amazing together. You were open, supportive, understanding… passionate. Somehow, it changed. Maybe you have been drifting away from each other. Maybe you fight too often, or struggle with betrayal. You want to recreate that secure, close, … Continue reading
On this infamous day eleven years ago, we each experienced something shockingly terrible. Many of us vividly remember seeing the plane going into the towers, the towers crashing down, the people running through the streets of New York with clouds … Continue reading
Attorneys tend to far more depressed, anxious, unhappy, and even suicidal than most other professions. In Part I of this series, I listed some of the gruesome mental health statistics for attorneys, as well as the possible explanations. Now that … Continue reading
“A person hasn’t any idea what their soul looks like until they gaze into the eyes of the person that they’re married to. And then, if they’re any kind of decent human being, they spend the next couple of days … Continue reading