- If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please click the button above, call (424) 571-2273, OR submit your information below. If this is an emergency, dial 911.
- From Surviving to Thriving: how EMDR can help you put the past in the past
- Feeling Emotionally and Physically Drained? Tip #2: Getting energy from your worries
- Emotionally and Physically Drained?
- Communicate Your Feelings Effectively… In 2 Simple Sentences
- Why Can’t My Partner Listen To Me?! How understanding your partner can be threatening – and what to do about it.
- Mindfulness Meditations for Experiencing the Here and Now
- Regaining Your Connection Through Couples Therapy
- The Shared Trauma of 9-11
- The “T” in LGBT: What does “transgender” mean?
- WARNING: Being an Attorney May be Hazardous to Your (Mental) Health – Part II
- WARNING: Being an Attorney May be Hazardous to Your (Mental) Health
- Are you stuck in a box?
- Losing My Religion
- Provocateur, Mirror, Healer: how your partner can help you grow
- Valor: Find That Strength Inside You
- I Just Can’t “Get Over It”
- My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
- Going to Therapy Shows STRENGTH – Not Weakness
- Stay Calm When Stress or Emotions are Overwhelming: A Quick Mindfulness Trick by Rose Rigole
- Five Tips for Finding Fulfillment
Category Archives: How I can help
I just heard a wonderful talk by Warren Berland about how to “get out of the box” to a freer self through a simple 2-step exercise. You can read more about it on his website, but here is a quick … Continue reading
There comes a time in many people’s lives when the religion of their birth no longer works for them. Whether it is a philosophical or ethical decision, an excommunication or family issue – leaving a religion can be one of … Continue reading
“A person hasn’t any idea what their soul looks like until they gaze into the eyes of the person that they’re married to. And then, if they’re any kind of decent human being, they spend the next couple of days … Continue reading
Many of my posts emphasize the need for courage to grow as a person: courage to communicate directly with your mate; courage to acknowledge your weaknesses; courage to experience emotions you are afraid of… But I think I have a better word: … Continue reading
Are you chained to your past? Is there a traumatic memory, relationship, or series of experiences in your past you just can’t “get over”? Are you overreacting to things in the present that remind you of these past experiences? EMDR (Eye … Continue reading
Psychotherapy can give us deep insight into what is limiting our experience of joy in life, but, in my opinion, its major benefit is in TRANSFORMING us into people who can experience that joy. Insight can only go so far, … Continue reading
A friend once told me, when I was in the midst of defending myself, to give myself “room to grow.” She was right. By insisting that I was blameless, I was ignoring the chance I had to really grow from … Continue reading